IWM are a family friendly run business. Come and join our team, working in the challenging world of Industrial Washing Machines. IWM have experienced explosive growth over the last few years, something that we are very proud of, especially being in the manufacturing sector.
Please apply for any listed vacancies in our thriving, friendly business and be assured you will be valued and rewarded.
ROLE: Service Manager
We are a small family owned business with a family and team centred approach. We are a growing, expanding and developing brand providing bespoke tailor-made solutions to a wide and varied range of clients and with increased global presence with global sales up 20% on the previous year. We do not rely on European ‘just in time’ supply chains.
About the role
IWM require an experienced Engineering Service Manager with strong organisational skills, ability to multitask, excellent people skills and commercial awareness. Reporting directly into the Managing Director the role of the Service Manager is a key position to ensure IWM’s continued future expansion, growth and profitability through improved efficiency, proactive service management and excellence in customer service and satisfaction. The role will have a direct effect on margins by efficient management and direct sales of service (repairs, preventative contracts and repeat business) and spare parts sales.
Main areas of responsibility
- Ensure robust processes are in place to manage the service function effectively and profitably
- Ensuring all relevant documentation is obtained, recorded and stored in a structured way
- Generating growth of spares package sales, service contracts and more proactive sales
- Formulation of service rates, costings for jobs and suitable terms
- Ensure accurate quoting of jobs
- Monitor service function expenditure
- Monitor service engineers time management and expenses
- Ensure your team follows Health & Safety procedures including RAMS
- Working closely with other teams within the business to address and resolve client concerns and quality issues
- Visiting clients promoting services and ensure quality of standards of work carried out
- Handling and resolving client complaints to a satisfactory resolution.
- Company pension
- 20 days annual leave
- Paid statutory bank holidays (8)
- Potential of additional gifted days during Christmas shutdown
- Profited related bonus
- Company car (Lexus NX300h)
- Mobile phone
- Company credit card
1 Service Administrator
4 Service Engineers
Location: Kings Norton, Birmingham, plus UK and occasional oversea travel