Job Role Available at IWM – Service Engineer
Birmingham B38, Full-time Salary: £12.50 to £13.50 /hour
Kings Norton based
Covering the UK, some international travel
Skill Level :- Apprentice Level and above
Hours of work 39 – Flexible. Overtime will often be available. (paid from door to door)
Company Benefits:- Pension/Bonus Scheme
Package includes Company Van/mobile phone and tablet.
Rate £12.50 to £13.50/hr
Note:- This is not a highly technical role but the basic tasks will need to be covered as below. You will be allowed time to go out with another member of staff for the initial period to familiarise yourself with the role and our machinery.
- Mechanically biased role
- The role is a combination of service, installation and commissioning
- Mechanical skills will include welding, working on pumps, drives, motors and some pneumatics
- Tig welding is essential, doesn’t need to have Coded experience
- Understand what it means to be a service engineer on road. working at customer sites throughout the UK & Ireland with the opportunity to occasionally work in Europe or worldwide
- Customer facing at all points
- No PLC experience is needed
- Ability to read electrical schematic drawings
- Ability to fault find on control panels
- Typically, engineers will carry out 1 job a day and this can be anywhere in the UK
- Engineers will receive advanced notification of jobs and go straight to site from home in most circumstances, some flexibility is required.
- Suitable candidates will either be service engineers with the above skills or maintenance engineers who are looking for service work and have no issues with travelling
- Experience working in the food industry will be an advantage but not essential
- Full clean Driving license required